Okay here’s where the headache begins, I got this from a friend of mine and immediately thought “of course I have to do this too!”. Here are the rules:
1. Hit shuffle and pick the first twenty-five songs on your playlist.
2. Write down one line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line.
3. Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
4. When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line or in some otherway denote that it has been identified.
Well then music lovers are you ready for mine? A couple of comments before I list the twenty-five lines is that I was shocked how unrandom my winamp random streamer is and also how Pete friendly it came out seeing as I wanted it to torment him like his list has me.
Also there are a few covers here (I didn’t choose what came up!) and so you get a point for the original but two (yes two!) for also guessing correctly who did the cover!
Go for it – a selection of great music for the first one to get 10 (even including you Pete!).
1. “I played your flesh with my thoughts” ACR – Do the Du [Pete got it]
2. “With nothing behind him but the girl there to mourn”
3. “I can’t get this creature out of my way; killing it is not an option”
4. “I love you now but that don’t say I’m gonna love you forever” ACR – Shack Up [Pete got it]
5. “The air plays along with my chemicals”
6. “Because when he hurts you, you feel alive” Too easy this one!
7. “The shells in the ocean will be my deathbed”
8. “Thanks for the insult and compliment, you’ll never forget my face no more”
9. “He likes his loud guitars, his spiders from Mars”
10. “Yeah, I wanna live in Jamaica”
11. “Einatmen, ausatmen, einatmen, ausatmen” Hey it was the random! Front 242 – Im Rhythmus Bleiben [Per Böhlin got it]
12. “Did you trade your heroes for ghosts” Original is Pink Floyd – Wish you were here [Jill got it] although this is a cover version…but who did it?
13. “Yeah, she’s my sister” Stone Roses – Love Spreads [Pete got it]
14. “I’d really love to break your heart”
15. “Have you ever held something beautiful, knowing that it will eventually die” The God Machine – The Blind Man [Pete got it]
16. “A soap impression of his wife which he ate and donated to the national trust” The Breeders – Happiness is a Warm Gun [Pete got it] Of course the original is the god-awful Beatles version.
17. “Girls are gonna love the way I toss my hair, boys are gonna hate the way I sing”
18. “All the time is now and time is here to stay”
19. “We just met and I know I’m a bit too intimate”
20. “From the fright of having your eyes pop out”
21. “Blood on the leaves and blood at the root”
22. “And there was a time when the facts did stare”
23. “Don’t ask me what you know is true”
24. “Go to sleep and don’t you cry, I’m gonna make you an apple pie”
24. “I don’t want the world, I just want your half” An indie gem to end!!
You got em yet? Get to it people!!