- I’m not Turkish, nor am I Swedish. You’d be surprised how many people have mistaken me for one or t’other the last few weeks.
- I was called the nicest guy ever and an absolute bastard in the same day this week (by different people). Yes, I believe I can be both – well maybe not the nicest guy ever but you know what I mean (I hope).
- I have applied for two jobs this week: one is up the road and one is out of the country…
- I started a novel last night and if there is anything that was unexpected this year then it was that. It’s contemporary horror and I have been a might inspired by Ramsey Campbell, Gary McMahon, Carole Johnstone, and Mike Stone.
- amandapillar (my co-editor on Phantom Queen) will be coming over to my blog as a guest blogger next week. Several authors involved in the book will also be joining in (including Katharine Kerr).
- I’ve watched a few more Merlin episodes this week. It’s a bit more fun but still rather terrible. Yes, wedschilde I have washed my eyes after every episode!
- Watched the first episode of Season Two of Damages – Ooh! And it has William Hurt and Timothy
ElephantOlyphant in too, winner!
- Watched the first episode of the continuation of Supernatural. It was a good character developer but otherwise just good, nothing special.
- Audrey started baby swim today and there are pics to follow (when the missus gets home with the camera).
- Maddoc fell asleep on the bike on the way home from baby swim yesterday. We got home at six and he was placed in bed (complete with outdoor clothing – sans hat and boots) and stayed that way until four in the morning, when he came to us!
- dqg_neal broke the zokutou and doesn’t know how to fix it – where be’eth my shinieth? (Adding a new dimension to Merlin’s dialogue here)
- Characters I don’t like in BSG which seems to shock BSG fans = Roslin, Starbuck, Dualla, Sharon, Boomer, the eights and Gaeta (I dislike many others but then most people I know don’t like them).
- Characters I love in BSG = Six (my fave, pretty much in any incarnation), Tigh (he’s a rock star for crying out loud), Racetrack, and Baltar.
- It’s still Depeche Mode week and I’ve now exhausted my playlist and gone onto some weird remix album that I haven’t listened to before.
- Read my first book of the year (which was a pitch for us) and am a third of the way through another now (a Campbell book).
- Going out for said baby swim, the missus left the balcony door open and when I got back the floor was like ice. It is still freezing in here (three hours later) and I have my slippers on and a cardigan. I have either gotten to be a soft Swede or old or both. (It’s -10C outside, which is 14F for the infidels here).
- I’m bloody starving (the oranges have gone, they left me)!
- Our flat is welcoming visitors this year and so anyone up for a visit let me know. There are offers from various places in Europe although if you want to spend shit loads and travel from the US or Australia, I’m ok with that too. It would be brilliant to show you around and have some good old chats abouteverything and anything. (Unless I get the job abroad of course as then you’ll have to wait till we settle in).
- Burnley play away to Preston tomorrow. They’ll get beat. They always do.
Back later as I have some questions to put to the group…