One of those pointless posts, of interest to few, I guess, nonetheless I like to have these records of travel music when I’m off on planes and buses and trains and the like…
So, ready for blighty tomorrow and I’ve just filled my MP3 player for the journey. (Note: I have a wee 1GB Creative Player, which I love to pieces – too much memory = mess for me and I like to be forced to think about what I’m taking.)
Here’s what’s on it:
- Batman Begins OST – Which is suggesting some writing may just be involved on the trip…ooh!
- Eels: End of Time – One of the contenders for album of 2010 and needs several listens.
- God Machine: Scenes from the Second Storey – Essential.
- Kristin Hersh: Sunny Border Blue – always need a bit of Kristin on a trip and this is my current fave!
- New Order: Substance (CD1) – Nostalgia and comfort listening.
- The Smiths: Strangeways Here We Come – Class album that has had a renaissance here of late.
- The Knife: Tomorrow, In A Year – Massive contender for this year’s album…watch this space…
- Amanda Palmer: Who Killed Amanda Palmer – Recent recommendation and really, rather good!
- Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here – Don’t leave home without it!
So what would you be taking?