And we are here at the stage where decent music also finds itself being put to one side in the attempt to find the best music released in 2010. As, whether this stuff is great or not, it’s not good enough to move into the fabled 80+ section to be considered for album of the year 2010. So here is where we say goodbye to 27 albums, leaving a grand total of 31 left in the pile.
The attempt this week/weekend is to get myself down to the final 20, giving me adequate time for them as the year nears its end.
So what went today?
- Crime in Stereo: I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone [7.0]
- Kele: The Boxer [7.0]
- The Morning Benders: Big Echo [7.0]
- Twin Shadow: Forget [7.0]
- Gorillaz: Plastic Beach [7.0]
- Morceeba: Blood Like Lemonade [7.1]
- Animal Collective: Campfire Songs [7.1]
- Crowded House: Intriguer [7.2]
- Kings of Leon: Come Around Sundown [7.2]
- Tame Impala: Innerspeaker [7.2]
- Avi Buffalo: Avi Buffalo [7.3]
- Stars: The Five Ghosts [7.4]
- Beach House: Teen Dream [7.4]
- Mose Allison: The Way of the World [7.4]
- Iron Maiden: The Final Frontier [7.4]
- No Age: Everything in Between [7.5]
- The Tallest Man on Earth: The Wild Hunt [7.5]
- Arcade Fire: The Suburbs [7.5]
- The Chemical Brothers: Further [7.5]
- The Radio Dept.: Clinging to a Scheme [7.6]
- Murder by Death: Good Morning, Magpie [7.8]
- UNKLE: Where Did the Night Fall [7.8]
- Vampire Weekend: Contra [7.8]
- Caribou: Swim [7.9]
- Foals: Total Life Forever [7.9]
- Shit Robot: From the Cradle to the Rave [7.9]
And there you have it, some excellent albums in this mix and quite a few contenders of previous years in the mix. It’s not been the best year for new albums, in truth, but the next batch are excellent!